Sunday, May 9, 2010

Walgreens in Warrenton, Missouri Attempts To Trample First Amendment Rights!!

Standing on the corner alone, holding my American flag and a sign that read "Honk If You Love Freedom", must have been offensive to the management at the local Walgreens here in Warrenton, Mo. Or maybe it was the sign I had up on public property that said "Warren County Patriots". Or maybe it was because I was  alone, instead of the normal 20 + people who took Mothers Day off. Anyway, they decided to call the Warrenton police to have the sign removed. The audio is crappy, so you might have to turn it up. Three officers arrived, and after speaking with the management, approached me and told me that "The sign is on public property, but Walgreens cuts the grass, and if they (Walgreens management) wanted to press the issue, they could force me to take the sign down".I stood my ground! Here's the video.


After giving Walgreens management my answer,the police returned and did the right thing. They told me Walgreens was ok with it now. What an amazingly fast change of heart. BS!!  The management knew they were wrong and the cops weren't going to do squat!! Stand Up For Your Rights!!  Never Give In!!

No comments:

Post a Comment